French Toast (I believe we originally found this on food.com, but have since modified the recipe to our liking!)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla (we use the clear vanilla, but either will work)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 6-8 slices of thick bread (this has been hard for us to find, so we have been known to buy a whole uncut loaf from bakery or Panera the day before and cut ourselves to the size we like!
- 3-4 tbsp of butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Whip Cream
- Mix together eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt & cinnamon.
- Heat large skillet or griddle on med to low heat
- When the skillet is hot, add 1 tbsp of butter.
- If the butter smokes, pan is too hot, turn down the heat
- Dip each slice into the batter for about 30 secs on each side
- Let some of the batter drip off, then place on skillet.
- Cook each slice 1 1/2 to 2 minutes each side. Until it is golden brown.
- As you cook, you will need to add more butter to keep skillet from sticking with bread!
- To serve, butter & dust with powdered sugar. Serve with hot syrup or whip cream.
It's a filling breakfast, makes for a great Sunday morning to hold them off until later afternoon football until lunch!!! Enjoy!!! :O)