We discovered a very easy, quick dessert and it bakes up so fast it can always be served HOT!!!
Here is a link to the Duncan Hines 3, 2, 1 Cake.
Here is the recipe:
- One box of Angel Food Cake
- One box of any other cake mix
- 2 tbsp of water
When you first bring home the two boxes of cake mix find a container to be able to mix the two into and store. We used a one like this:
Mix both dry cake mixes up well and place in a medium size storage for future use.
When ready to bake a dessert here is what you do.
- Using a small coffee cup, place 3 tbsps of the dry cake mix into the cup.
- Add 2 tbsps of water and mix well until it's batter consistency.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- DONE, serve with whatever toppings you would like.
Our family added M&M's to the cake batter before cooking and they turned out great in the cake. To top after cooking you can add cool whip, frosting, ice cream or whatever you want on top. Serve warm....everyone will love it.
80 Calories per cake before topping....without additions into the cake! Not too bad.
This was a fun way to make individual desserts and the kids love that they can make it all by themselves too!!!