Pudding Pie Ingredients:
- 1 package of your favorite pudding mix. (We usually use vanilla or chocolate large boxes, but can be made with smaller boxes of other flavors!)
- 1 large tub of cool whip
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (we usually just buy the Keebler Ready Crust, but you could also make your own with graham crackers and butter)
- 2 1/2 cups of milk (and you can even use the Lactaid milk if you have one like I do that is Lactose intolerant! Works great and tastes the same!!!)
- Mix pudding with 2 1/2 cups of milk, IF using the larger pudding boxes, like above photo. If not use box recipe for pudding pie milk amount.
- Once completely mixed, add about 1 - 1 1/2 cups of cool whip (about half the large container)
- Once mixed place in pie shell. (Or I have even placed in a pie plate without a crust for my one picky eater who doesn't like the crust.)
- Next top with remaining cool whip. (You can get creative and add coloring to your cool whip for a Holiday topping....or use a vegetable peeler to shred a candy bar on top for decoration!)
- Must now chill in a refrigerator for about 2-3 hours prior to serving to set for easier cutting!
This is one of those desserts that I don't mind the kids having during the week. It lasts about 5-7 days (if the kids let it last that long!). And it's great for a lighter, less filling dessert for big meals like Thanksgiving.