- 3 old soup cans.....I used the larger cans from tomatoes. (We made homemade tomato soup....and I got the plum tomato cans to use as a craft!)
- Drill with a drill bit of 1/8th inch
- Spray Paint (I used PINK, of course!!!)
- 3 small LED battery lights.
- Empty and clean your old cans.
- With the Sharpie Markie draw your design onto the can (don't worry about mistakes, even the pink paint covered it up!!!)
- Then take the drill and drill holes along your design. It was simple to do, just go slowly and watch how hard you press. My cans were very stiff, so I wasn't worried about crushing them. IF you use a thin can, you can freeze water into the can before drilling to hold it's shape.
- Once the design was drilled out, then I just painted the cans. I chose to paint mine PINK with the "Trick or Treat" saying for two October needs, but you can paint them black for Halloween, or put a different saying on your cans!
- Once dry, I just placed the battery operated lights in them for the evening lights! SIMPLE!!!
Here is another of my new favorite October traditions....a PINK pumpkin. A VERY dear friend surprised a few of us last year by leaving a PINK pumpkin on our door steps with no note or anything as to whom it was from. It was a mystery to figure out who did it. Well I have since moved, but I loved my PINK pumpkin SO much last year that I painted a new one for myself this year!!!
So much fun and very festive!!! I really do LOVE the PINK!!!
I challenge you to put a PINK smile on your friends faces by quietly painting PINK pumpkins and delivering to their doors. It will put a smile onto their faces and give them a little October mystery to wonder about!!! I love the fun!!!