It became clear to me that I really wanted my own twist on these simple items. And I think it worked. So I wanted to share my technique with you!
My inspiration mostly came from here:
All the Little Details blog!
- 1 cup of table salt
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of luke warm water
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour.
- Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
- With your hands form a ball with your dough and kneed it for at least 5 minutes. The longer you kneed your dough the smoother it will be.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. Decide on your thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut your designs. OR use a glass or round item to make a simple circle.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- I then used rubber stamps to add to some of my tags.
- Place in a preheated oven at 200 degrees until dough has dried completely. Time will depend on how thick you make your tag and how large.
Once they were completely dry, I hand painted each.
Once they were all painted, I placed them back on the cookie sheet and back into the 200 degree oven until dry again. Paint can make the dough moist.
Then I place a clear coat of acrylic spray over them. I even tried a little glitter spray paint on a few.
There are SO many options of what you could do!!! I really even like my simple version of the ones above.
This is just a totally unpainted version with just the hand written letters LOVE YOU, which I did using a paint pen. I can't decide if I want to clear coat it or maybe even glitter it. Like I said this has such potential.
I would LOVE to see your version! Make your own and send me a photo of them or tag me on Facebook at ThePatrioticPam.