This is my new favorite recipe. I have tried a few different recipes to make Chicken Salad and couldn't find one I really liked....so I put together a few and added my own likes to come up with this and boy did I love it!!! Thought I would share it with you too.
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Chicken (ever have left over chicken....I especially love to use grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken left over!)
- 1/2 cup of purple grapes cut in half
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- Pinch of pepper
1. Chop chicken into small bite size pieces.
2. Cup grapes in half
3. Chop both walnuts and celery
4. In a mixer place the 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and whip on high for 4-5 minutes until light fluffy peaks form. Then add 1 tsp of sugar to and mix again briefly.
5. Add in Miracle Whip and seasonings, and mix together in mixer.
6. Then fold in chicken, grapes, celery, and walnuts with a rubber spatula until well mixed
7. Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. (Can be placed away longer if you want to prepare ahead.)
8. Serve with rolls or cresent rolls.
This is definitely the creamiest and best tasting Chicken Salad I have ever made!!!
Show & Share Wednesday #21