I had to share this dessert that I made yesterday. I found it on Six Sisters Stuff blog. Thought it was different and had to try it. The cake was a hit at our house for dessert last night. We also tried the icing that the blog suggested, but my guys didn't enjoy it as much as we thought we would. Not saying it was bad, just different. I will say if you are a whipped icing lover, this might be for you!!!
One thing is for sure this recipe fits into my need for EASY recipes. It couldn't have been much easier. I will say I utilized my CuisineArt mixer, but really probably didn't need to. So here is the recipe:
- Cake Mix (I hear any cake mix will work....but I did use the Funfetti that was suggested by Six Sisters!)
- One can of Sprite Zero
- Mix Cake mix with the can of Sprite Zero. (DO NOT use any of the directions on the back of the cake box, except for baking temps and times.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for....well depending if you make a cake or cupcakes, follow Funfetti box for baking times. I did cupcakes and it took about 23 minutes.
- Let cool before icing!
- 1 container of Cool Whip 8 oz.
- 1/2 package of Vanilla Pudding. (Recipe on Six Sisters called for fat free....I actually had a reg vanilla, so I used it instead.)
- Mix together with whipping hook on mixer (or whip with a whisk by hand)
- Ice cooled cupcakes.
As you can see this was a super easy recipe to do. The cake turned out super moist! Really yummy!!!
My family really enjoyed them. My son came home from school and begged to be the first to try them. He loved it!
I challenge you to try this one. The Six Sisters say it is a lighter recipe, I am not sold it is much better than normal cake recipe, but it was moist and yummy!!!
If you try this, come back and tell me what you think of it.
This recipe is shared on: