If you have ever searched for just the right cornbread recipe, you will know that a lot of them out there are dry and not very sweet. We have enjoyed a few amazing cornbreads but have never found just the right recipe, until now. We came across this recipe and had to try it. I would say it is a hand's down winner. One of my families favorites prior to this one, was the Krusteaz Cornbread....but this recipe blows that out of the water.
We found this at The Daily Dish Recipes blog written by Nicole Cook. Please take a look at this LINK to see all the amazing comments she has from viewers trying this recipe. That was what first drew us in to trying this one over others.
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 3 c. all - purpose flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 Cup melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons. honey
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 Cups whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine vegetable oil, melted butter, honey, beaten eggs, and milk, and stir together.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Stir until batter is moistened.
6. Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
7. Watch the cornbread towards the end, you want it to be turning golden and starting to show some cracks.
8. Remove from oven, serve warm with butter or honey or simply plain.
We all enjoyed this cake like cornbread. It was a huge hit at our house. Try it and let me know what you think of it.