Adding ham was an easy addition, although you probably could have added chicken or even hot dogs if you prefer. We went with ham, because our Mac N Cheese lover actually loves ham!
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 12 oz Shell Pasta
- 1 clove Garlic (smashed)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Pinch of Ground Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1/2 cup White Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup of cubed Ham
- 1/8 cup of mix of two cheese above to top at end
1. Bring a pot of salted (kosher salt) water to boil.
2. Add pasta and cook until al dente (meaning just before done...I like mine almost done)
3. Meanwhile rub a large skillet with smashed garlic clove and then discard the garlic.
4. Add butter and melt over a low heat.
5. Add cream, milk, salt and pepper and continue on a low-medium heat until boiling. Stirring often.
6. Let boil slowly for 5 mins while stirring to reduce about 1/3.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Add Parmesan and Cheddar Cheeses and stir until melted.
9. Add pasta and ham and stir together. Preheat oven to 350
10. Place either in a large baking dish (or we used individual size cast iron skillets for next step)
11. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
12. Bake in oven about 5-8 minutes to just melt cheese on top.
If you enjoyed this version, please check out the other Mac N Cheese editions here...