STOP...Before you miss any of our wonderful Mac N Cheese recipes join us on Blog Lovin'
This week is week 7 of our 12 Weeks of Mac N Cheese series. Featuring our Bacon Cheddar Mac N Cheese this week, and boy is it creamy! This one is SO cheesy we don't let our little lactose intolerant one eat it! So we only make this edition for special occasions. I will say this is always a huge hit with kids. And really who doesn't LOVE bacon!!!
- 12 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 3/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Velveeta cheese cubed
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
1. Cook bacon and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Boil pasta until al dente.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Melt butter in a medium saucepan, over medium heat, whisk in the flour, dry mustard, and cayenne and cook whisking, 1 minute. Whisk in the evaporated milk and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese. This should form a thick creamy cheese sauce.
5. Add in pasta and stir. Add in 1/2 of the bacon crumbles. (Reserve other 1/2 for topping!) Add a touch of salt and pepper.
6. Place in single serving dishes and top with bacon crumbles. Serve!
I hoped you enjoyed this week's Mac N Cheese. Be sure to try some of our other Mac N Cheese recipes too.