MilSpouse Feature of the Week!
Military Spouses are probably one of my favorite heroes of our world. They are resilient, productive, unique, proud, creative, and the best multi-taskers I have ever met. They can be Mom, Dad, Daughter, Friend, Battle Buddy, and Super Hero all at the same time, while cooking dinner, taking out the trash, helping with homework, budgeting the family finances, AND running a full time successful business (or two)! OK, maybe I just made that sound like everyone's Super Hero Women....but I know I have truly met a few of these live and in action. Not saying their life is perfect, but they definitely know how to make lemonade with the lemons life gives them.
Now that I have that out of my system....onto introducing this week's Featured Spouse of the Week.
Molly is a Army wife, mother of one adorable little girl, high school science teacher and an independent stylist for Stella and Dot. You can connect with Molly on Facebook or shop at her Stella & Dot site.
I got the chance to do a short interview with Molly.
1. How did you get started? It was love at first site! I hosted one trunk show-enjoyed the hostess rewards and loved the product. I thought it would be a great opportunity as a military spouse to meet new people and it was a mobile business. (Which is key!) I looked at is as an opportunity to earn money towards R&R trips and spoil my family all the while making great friends.
2. Who was your biggest inspiration? Michele Gayler has been a great inspiration as a fellow stylist and Army wife. She has always been in my corner, cheering for me to be successful with my business. She has mentored me through deployments and several business adventures.
3. What's your favorite part of being a military spouse? The honor and pride that comes with being part of such a heroic "family". As an added bonus, you meet great people along the way and have opportunities to live all over the world.
4. How many years have you been a military spouse? 4 years.
5. Kids? Animals? I have one daughter, Brooke who is 18 months old. And a 4 year old Brittany Spaniel dog named Chase.
6. What is the best part of your business/company that you would like to share with us? I love the fashion, the flexibility, the fun and being a part of this amazing community of women. This business is truly what you make of it. The design team at Stella & Dot does an excellent job at providing runway style jewelry at affordable prices - more than half of the line is under $50! I have a full time job teaching high school so Stella & Dot is my fun girls time. I get paid to style women in pieces they'll love and create lasting friendships in the process. There is no time clock or quota to meet - just girls having fun! When the military moves us again, I just pick up and start again.
During the month of April, Stella & Dot LLC will donate twenty percent (20%) of the retail sales price of each item in the specially marked Autism Awareness Collection to support the HollyRod Foundation sold to a Stella & Dot customer, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $10,000. The HollyRod Foundation, a charitable services program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, is dedicated to providing compassionate care to those living with autism. (Last year, Stella & Dot LLC raised $126,000 for the Autism Speaks campaign! Imagine what a difference we can make!)
So glad Molly joined us today. Don't forget you can connect with Molly at her Stella & Dot site or her Facebook page. What an awesome cause....and great jewelry to top! The conversations that my last year's Autism Awareness Stella & Dot bracelet started was amazing. I'm sure this year will be no different. I encourage you to check it out. As a mom, of a special needs child, I feel it is so important that we find the funds to learn more about Autism and why it occurs.
Molly has a giveaway for us today.
Stella & Dot Pippa Earrings ($49 value)
These were featured in U.S. Weekly!
A trio of hand set clear and opaque epoxy stones
set in shiny 12k gold plated brass bezels cascade
from a 12k gold plated sterling silver fish hook ear wire.
2 1/8" length. Lead & nickel safe.
Enter HERE!a Rafflecopter giveaway
I hope you enjoyed this MilSpouse Feature. If you are interested in being featured here, please send me a message and let me know. I love to connect with other Military Spouses and like I said in the beginning you are all my Heroes!!!