I chose to make a traditional Mac N Cheese for you this week, our Hamburger Mac N Cheese. We do use a few different cheeses in it. I like how this has the flavor of a cheeseburger, but the creamy goodness of Mac N Cheese.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 1lb hamburger meat
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 16 oz pasta of your choice (We used Ditale 10 pasta)
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp brown spicy mustard
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Bergenost Cheese (buttery triple cream Muenster/Havarti style cheese)
- 1 cup shredded Wisconsin Marble Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed Gouda Cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed Sharp Velveeta Cheese
1. Brown Hamburger in a skillet seasoned with Pepper, Onion powder, and Garlic salt. Set aside.
2. Boil pasta until al dente and set aside as well.
3. Grate & cube the cheeses and set aside.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
5. Add flour and stir.
6. Add ketchup and brown mustard and stir.
7. Add milk and stir.
8. Continue stirring until almost boiling and it begins to thicken up a little.
9. Add cheese slowly and continue to stir.
10. Once all cheese is in and completely melted remove from heat and add pasta.
11. Mix up completely with cheese sauce. Then add hamburger.
12. OPTIONAL STEP: Place in a baking pan and top with a 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. (I didn't do that this time, I just served...and my boys loved it!)
I hope you will try this amazing tasting Mac N Cheese. One more week left in the 12 Week Series of our Mac N Cheese recipes. If you haven't seen the other 10 weeks be sure to check out them out here.
Don't miss out on any recipes...
Subscribe to The Patriotic Pam!