We LOVE our Big Green Egg...have I said that before? I am sure I have. This weekend we cooked these yummy Lemon Pepper Wings on it. We also made a whole chicken, and sweet potato crinkles. I love how all the food turns out so moist and yummy. I even created an Apple Crisp on the BGE this weekend. It was to die for with vanilla ice cream (more on that later). But on to this recipe!
Prep Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
- 2 1/2 lbs Chicken Wings
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (or Real Lemon works too)
- 2 tsp pepper
1. Grate garlic into small pieces. Place in a mortar and add a pinch of salt. Grind together until it becomes a paste. (This can also be done on a cutting board with the back edge of a spoon, if you don't have a mortar and pestle.
2. Heat olive oil in a saucepan until hot over a medium-low heat.
3. Add garlic and allow to simmer.
4. Add 1 cup of lemon juice and 2 tsp pepper and stir. Remove from heat.
5. Allow to cool to almost room temperature.
6. Place wings in a large ziplock bag and pour in liquid.
7. Let rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
8. Heat up Big Green Egg to 250 degrees.
9. Place wings on grate over direct heat. Save lemon sauce for basting.
10. Cook wings for 35-45 mins until golden brown, basting every 10 mins.
11. Serve and Enjoy!
Don't miss out on any of our Big Green Egg recipes and more...
Subscribe to The Patriotic Pam!