One of our favorite side dishes to serve are our Scalloped Potatoes. Nothing too special about this recipe, I am sure many others use one similar. We have been using this one for years. Potatoes come out tender, cheesy, and very tasty!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 75 mins
- 3 Large potatoes or 4 medium size.
- 1 stick of butter (may not use it all...depends on how many layers)
- 1/2 cup flour (or so...depends on how many layers)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk (low fat or even Lactaid works!)
1. Peel potatoes and thinly slice into slivers of potatoes.
2. Grease oven safe baking dish. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Layer bottom with thin potatoes. Add small slivers of butter. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of flour. Sprinkle with a little bit of onion. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and accent.
4. Next layer 1/2 cup of cheese evenly over potatoes.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 another 3 times or until dish is full.
6. Once all layers are complete, pour milk over top until about 1/2 way up sides of dish....do not over fill. Place in oven and cook for 1 hour and 15 mins.
7. Check to make sure your potatoes are fork tender. Serve.
Don't miss out on any recipes...
Subscribe to The Patriotic Pam!