This was a find that we discovered on Pinterest. My son's love for Doritos made this a must try! I found the original idea from The Black Peppercorn blog. I took one look at this on Pinterest and thought...oh as much as my family LOVES our panko breaded chicken, I bet that they would love this version even more. I altered The Black Peppercorn's recipe a little to our liking, but be sure to check out their original recipe too!
Here is what we came up with.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 1lb of boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1/2 bag of your favorite Doritos flavor
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp Franks Hot Sauce
1. Cut chicken tenders into bite size pieces. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour with pepper and garlic salt place in a shallow bowl.
3. Mix 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of milk, and 1 tsp Franks Hot Sauce together in another shallow bowl.
4. Crush doritos in a slightly opened ziplock baggie. I used a meat tenderizer to crush them.
5. Once completely crushed placed in a 3rd shallow bowl. (NOTE: Not to plug William Sonoma stuff, but in case you are wondering, our batter dishes come from William Sonoma and I love them because they connect on one side so that as I transfer from bowl to bowl, nothing leaks to the countertop!)
6. Now dip chicken into flour first.
7. Then into egg mixture (I try and keep one hand for dry ingredient and one hand for wet)
8. Lastly into Doritos mixture, and completely coat.
9. I sprayed a cookie sheet with Pam cooking spray and then placed the chicken onto it.
10. Bake chicken in oven for about 35 minutes, until chicken temperature is at least 165. (This depends on thickness of chicken....thinner chicken cooks faster)
11. Serve and enjoy!
Options: Serve with ranch. OR toss in your favorite sauce, like Franks Hot Sauce, Barbecue, or Honey mustard sauce.
This recipe is great because it is simple and easy. It is a great fast way to make great tasting baked chicken.
A few other recipes you may also like to try:
Don't miss out on any of our recipes...
Subscribe to The Patriotic Pam!