This is a super easy and savory recipe. It's actually the same starter I use for my homemade chili. My boys don't like the beans in the chili (they prefer a meatier chili), so we comprised and made it into sloppy joes.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 lb of ground hamburger (can use turkey burger if you prefer, works great with this recipe)
- 1 packet of McCormicks regular chili mix
- 1 can of Tomato Sauce
- 3 tbsp of sugar (honey can be substituted)
- 1/2-3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of Balsamic Ketchup
- Dinner rolls of your choice
- Sliced cheese (optional)
1. Brown hamburger meat in a skillet. Drain off fat. Place back in skillet
2. Add chili seasoning, tomato sauce, sugar and water. Simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes.
3. As it simmers it will reduce a little and thicken slightly.
4. Just before serving at in balsamic ketchup and stir over low heat for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve on Dinner Rolls of your choice topping with cheese. Messy and yummy!!!
You can just add a can of dark red kidney beans to left overs and have a wonderful tasting chili to serve the next day or for lunch!
I love this ever so easy recipe to make. It works both in the winter and summer, as it doesn't take long in the kitchen and we don't have to heat of the oven making the house hotter in summer. But it is a warm meal that works great in the winter too!!!
Check out a few of these other recipes as well:
Don't miss out on any of our recipes...
Subscribe to The Patriotic Pam!