Working with Red Gold Tomatoes to try a few of their recipes and products, we decided to try their Caribbean Chicken Burgers first. It was a hit at our house for lunch today. Great flavor and was a nice change from a tradition hamburger.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 8-10 mins
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro, drained well
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (original Red Gold recipe has 1/4 cup, but we found we needed to triple that)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat Big Green Egg to around 350 degrees
- Drain tomatoes well
- Add to ground chicken, egg, & bread crumbs
- Form into patties and salt & pepper
- Place on Big Green Egg over direct heat
- Cook about 4-5 mins on each side or until your patty is at 160 degrees for completely cooked chicken.
- Serve on a toasted bun.
We really enjoyed this for an easy and healthier burger on our Big Green Egg!
If you don't have a Big Green Egg and would LOVE one, check out the Red Gold Tomatoes Big Green Egg Giveaway that they are currently hosting.
Click here for the Red Gold Facebook Page to enter the giveaway. This promotion ends on Aug 30th...so be sure to enter this week!!! You can also find Red Gold on Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter. Their Instagram name is RedGoldTomatoes too!!! Go check them out.
Come back and see what other Red Gold Recipes we have come up with this week.
Thanks for stopping by.