This is one of my FAVORITE recipes to feed a large group of people. You can make less, but why when you too can feed the football team!
This is a long standing family recipe. This time I chose to make it with Red Gold Tomatoes as part of the sauce.
It turned out great. We loved the flavor with the Red Gold Tomatoes in the sauce.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 12 oz box of Lasagna noodles
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cans Red Gold Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 (8oz) packages Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add noodles and kosher salt. Bring back to a boil and boil for 10 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Brown hamburger in skillet over medium low heat. Once completely browned drain.
- While cooking hamburger, place both cans of tomatoes in food processor (or in a bullet) to bring tomatoes to more of a sauce consistency
- Place hamburger back in skillet.
- Add in sauce, sugar, and seasonings. Simmer on low until it comes to a slow boil.
- Mix together Ricotta, Sour Cream and Cream cheese in a bowl.
- Spray a large 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray
- Layer in pan, Noodles, Cheese, Sauce, Noodles, Cheese, Sauce, Noodles, Sauce and then add Parmesan Cheese just before baking. If you are going to make ahead to bake later, don't add Parmesan until just before placing in oven.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 45 mins.
Hope you will give it a try. Don't forget that Red Gold Tomatoes are hosting a Facebook Giveaway. They are giving away aprons daily and a Big Green Egg Grill at the end of the month! Check it out.
Don't miss out on any of our recipes...
Subscribe to The Patriotic Pam