We love to make many different things with our Big Green Egg Grilled Chicken. Last night we enjoyed these Fajitas, which turned out so yummy I just had to share. It's nothing original or earth shattering, but just a good grilled chicken recipe!
|Obviously not our chicken breasts from last night, it was a little dark to capture that moment!|
Last night once the chicken came off the grill we chopped it all up. Then added it to our cast iron skillet.
In our skillet we had already combined our fajita seasoning and 1/2 cup of water, now just add chicken and let simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
When that is done, we then begin to heat up our fajita shells on another cast iron skillet.
After both sides are heated up and begin to brown, we then add our shredded cheese, chicken and veggies. Wrap up (carefully, it's HOT!) and flip over to seal.
- Grilled Chicken (chopped)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 8in flat tortilla shells
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Grill Chicken and chop.
- Mix all dry seasoning together in a bowl, this will be your fajita seasoning mix.
- In a skillet over a low-medium heat whisk together the fajita seasoning mix and start with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a light boil and slightly thicken, if it begins to get thicker than you want add a touch more water.
- Add your chicken and let simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors meld together. (NOTE: you can always add more water if it gets too thick as it simmers.)
- Heat up a tiny bit of butter on flat skillet and heat your tortilla shell on both sides.
- Add shredded cheese, chicken and other toppings you like.
- Serve! YUM!!!
My boys really enjoyed these last night. We ran out of shells so quickly. It's worth a try. The homemade fajita seasoning is definitely great tasting and made from normal seasoning most everyone has around the kitchen.
A few other recipes to try and enjoy!
Like this? Take a moment to share with others:
Subscribe to The Patriotic Pam