I have to start by admitting, I am addicted to good Barbecue! And I have always thought Mac N Cheese deserves a place at a good barbecue. Being Big Green Egg owners, it was imperative to find a great BBQ Mac N Cheese recipe that we love. We have been playing around with ingredients for weeks to finally bring you our own version of BBQ Mac N Cheese! It is very yummy if I should say so myself!!!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins on stove, and a additional 10 mins in oven
- 12 oz Elbow Pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 12 oz can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Gouda cheese
- 4 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 2 tsp Franks BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp Sweet Baby Rays BBQ
- Potato chips for topping
1. Boil pasta until al dente. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add minced garlic, stir.
3. Add flour and stir
4. Add dry mustard, cayenne pepper, cumin, and nutmeg. Then stir
5. Add evaporated milk and stir. Continue stirring until it thickens.
6. Slowly add cubed cheeses to mixture. Stir as it melts.
7. Continue to stir until all cheese is melted.
8. Add 1 tsp of Franks BBQ sauce (save 1 tsp to drizzle over top) Stir.
9. Add pasta and stir together.
10. Place individual portions into small oven safe pans OR place entire amount into a baking dish.
11. Top with 1 tsp of Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce drizzled over top. Then add crushed potato chips and drizzle 1 tsp of Franks BBQ sauce.
12. Place in oven at 375 for about 10 minutes or until topping is slightly browned.
This recipe stays really creamy and has nice crunch on top! It is a great make ahead to take to a large gathering too. Just the right flavor difference for a great cookout kick!