Instead of using your favorite BEER as in the original recipe....we decided to try....
YES...you are seeing that correctly...SPRITE instead of beer. Made for a light and tasty bread!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 50-60 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (original recipe only had 1 tbsp, but we wanted a little sweeter bread)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (12oz) can of Sprite Zero (original recipe used your favorite beer.)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooked
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. OR preheat Big Green Egg grill to around 350 degrees. (YES, we cooked our bread on our Big Green Egg and it worked perfectly!Grease a 9x5 loaf pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients; both flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the Sprite Zero and honey and stir with a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined.
4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared loaf pan.
5. Drizzle the melted butter over top of dough.
6. Place in oven (OR on Big Green Egg) and bake for 50-60 mins until golden brown.
HINTS & TIPS:
1. Sifting flour will add air to the bread and make a little lighter bread.
2. When baking on Big Green Egg, we used a cast iron bread pan. If seasoned properly the bread will pop right out at end of baking time.
3. Sugar can be reduced to 1 tbsp. We bumped it up a little to have a sweeter bread. But otherwise you could increase the honey instead.
I love how quick and easy this recipe is. No worrying about yeast...or rising! It can be mixed and baked. Great for a middle of the week bread. Also would make heavenly french toast (IF there were any left overs the next morning)!
If you enjoyed this recipe try these too!
Don't miss out on any recipes...
Subscribe to The Patriotic Pam!