OK...Let's get started!
1. Open PicMonkey
2. Click on "Edit a photo"
3. When your cursor goes over the "Edit a photo" wording this appears....click it!
4. Find your photo you would like to edit on your computer (I am using an Apple computer, so if you are on a PC, this may look different!)
5. Once opened your screen should look like this
6. Time to edit, let's start with cropping. This is to not only to cut out parts you don't want, but also to shape your photo....I love to use square photos, but sometimes you are wanting a 4x6, Facebook Timeline, iPhone screen size, or etc. They have all these options! (I can see your wheels turning, what fun things you can do with this program!!!)
7. Next let's check the exposure of your picture. (Pic seem dark? Too light? You can adjust here.) I always try the Auto Adjust first...if I LOVE it, I use it....if I don't I adjust from there, or just go back to original by pushing cancel!
8. IF NEEDED...you can also use the Rotate tool (sorry I skipped it...) But not only to do simple rotating, but you can also straighten any photo you feel is a little crooked here.
9. You can also play around with Colors & Sharpen, but if I like what I have gotten from Exposure, I don't usually bother with these.
10. Next let's RESIZE your photo....WHY? Well if you are going to use on the internet, it is always good to make it smaller. IF you are going to use for print, keep this original. I like to take my photos that are square down to about 500x500 resolution. But if you are resizing any other proportion image, make sure you keep the Keep Proportion button clicked to not distort your photo.
11. Next you can play with Fun Effects....for this photo I chose to use Dark Edges.
12. Below Fun Effects is Touchup....I didn't need to touchup this particular photo...but if you are working on a photo with people you might want to check out these features.
13. Now onto text over your photo
- Chose the P for Text!
- Click Add Text
- Chose what font you would like....the crown means it is only for the Upgraded version, but there are still plenty of fonts to use.
- A text box will appear...click on it to add text.
- Also an edit box will appear to change up your colors, style and size too.
- Move your text by just clicking off of it, and then back onto it....the move hand should appear...place wherever you would like....you can rotate text in this mode too. Also by dragging a corner of the box you can easily change font size.
14. Now to SAVE....click save button at top...it even tells you "I'm Lovin' It!" The monkey is SO sweet!
15. The next screen allows you to name your picture...and chose if you want to save it as a JPG or PNG file.
16. Once you click "Save Photo"...another pop up screen will appear so you can select location on your computer for the save.
17. Once saved....it will offer you the opportunity to share directly to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, Tumblr, or Email.
Here is my finished product for this photo....
PicMonkey offers SO many other Overlays, Textures, Frames, and Themes, go try them out. I find just trying different things is fun and I can always revert back to original if I don't like it.
If you have enjoyed this tutorial, don't miss the next PicMonkey tips, by subscribing here.....
I usually link up at these Link Parties...HERE!